You are here: TRANSLOGIC 93: Rinspeed

If, like us, you're fascinated by futuristic transportation concepts, you've no doubt fantasized about touring Q's laboratory from the James Bond films. Where else could you find personal submarines, amphibious cars and transforming vehicles? As it turns out, you'll have to visit Switzerland for that. Swiss shop and automotive think tank Rinspeed has been churning out crazy concepts like the heavy-hauling X-Trem, aquatically-inclined sQuba and shapeshifting Presto for over 3 decades now. Some are even directly inspired by 007's most famous rides!

geomd240

Ted Kennedy had a car that would go in the water too.

March 07 2012 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
adika3z

nice watercar,
no need to pay parking meter,
yes free parking alot

March 03 2012 at 3:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
myfunball

I didn't see any pricing for these new ideas. . I don't see the need for your car to go underwater. Incidentally President Johnson had a car that would go in water. He used it to scare his guests at the ranch. Now maybe if you had a ranch with a river-----well.
Anyway I think more time should be devoted to improving mileage on todays cars using the resources we have. I would like to see that before spending a zillion dollars for one of these cars. By the way,if my car won't fit in a parking space,I will find another.

March 02 2012 at 8:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Saffron

love it i want one each lol

March 01 2012 at 9:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ROBINHOOD

Who is paying for Rimspeed?

March 01 2012 at 7:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
baldinia

That's a pretty awesome garage full of conversation pieces that aren't meant for production. :(

One conversation I'd like to be in on is why the heck doesn't the Squba cabin seal out water? I know the open cabin decreases bouyancy, but I'd like to make my dramatic entrance with my tuxedo nice & dry, thank you very much.

March 01 2012 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rafael4822

what people need to hear today besides new innovations is gas mileage..are we closing to something 100miles/gal.car?

February 29 2012 at 3:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dcencolo

SHUT UP frednjudi....Switzerland has some of best and brightest scientists,medical professionals, and innovators in the world.....you eat more cheese....

February 29 2012 at 2:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dcencolo's comment
achryslerchic

You tell him! That was really rude.

February 29 2012 at 3:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
efreesepe

Very interesting concept cars.

February 29 2012 at 2:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ddriskell

They have some reasonable concepts... The expanding/contracting car would be great for parking issues in the city....

While we can move toward electric powered cars and such, we will always still need oil for lubrication of engines, axles, etc.. Not to mention the millions of things made with crude oil unrelated to car gas.

February 29 2012 at 2:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply