You are here: TRANSLOGIC 109: Jaguar XFR

It used to be that 500 horsepower put you exclusively in the supercar conversation, but now luxury automakers are using technology to rein in that muscle for everyday driving. We pilot Jaguar's XFR to see how a supercharged V8 can achieve stunning specs, while active technology helps drivers wield that power with ease.

Marcia L Hoover

Love the technology, but it looks too much like a Honda or some other ordinary car. When I buy a Jaguar (I'm on my 4th) I want it to look like a Jaguar and that I've spent a ton of money on it.

MH.

September 29 2012 at 6:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dori

This car would not turn my head and actually looks quite generic regardless of what is under the hood. Having said that, I do believe the Jaguar XKE is the most beautiful car ever produced and an automotive work of art.

August 17 2012 at 4:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thomas

Always wanted a jag,but can't afford one. O well i can always dream.
l

August 17 2012 at 12:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Thomas's comment
ascha79846

You can afford a Jag it is a matter of age.

August 17 2012 at 3:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
debsully69

I have a 2013 Shelby with 662 hp. I love it and it didnt cost as much as that Eurotrash.

August 13 2012 at 7:28 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
4 replies to debsully69's comment
pinus1

wegwegWEG

August 13 2012 at 6:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
arenadood

The Cadilac cts v coup is cheaper and will kick its butt.

2012 CTS-V Sport Coupe | Cadillac

August 13 2012 at 6:14 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
maroguy1

vette z06 does 505 hp for less and for along time!!

August 13 2012 at 5:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
douglasgerb

In the video, MSRP was $82,000 which I am thinking is on the low options side.....

August 13 2012 at 3:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LEAH AND KEITH

I HAVE KNOWN WHAT IT'S LIKE TO DRIVE WITH OVER 500 HP FOR YEARS. I BUILT IT THE MOTOR UP AND IT'S ALL AMERICAN. SO THIS IS NOTHING NEW TO ME. THEY NEED TO PLAY CATCH UP.

August 13 2012 at 3:21 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
wongtpa

How much does it cost? Looks great and fun drive! WOW !!!!!!

August 13 2012 at 3:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply